How To Stop svchost.exe(netsvcs) From Automatic Continuous Downloading
It annoys a lot if you have a limited bandwidth internet connection or a slower one, and some background processes are eating up your data as well as lowering surfing speed. I have the same problem with my laptop having Windows 7 – 32 bit installed in it. I noticed a service named ‘svchost.exe (netsvcs)’ is the reason behind this mess, so I started doing various experiments to stop the service so that it will stop eating my internet bandwidth.
At very first, I simply stopped from task manager by right clicking on it and selection ‘End Process’. It did worked for a while but again after 15 minutes, it restarted eating the bandwidth! So I tried to find a permanent solution for it and yes. I got it!
Follow the steps to completely remove svchost.exe (netsvcs) service and to save your precious internet bandwidth :
- Download and install ‘Take Ownership’ registry file (less than a KB). This registry will allow you to have access of all the files which Microsoft don’t allow.
Click here to download Take Ownership registry file
- After downloading the zip file, extract it and install it.
- After installation, you will notice a new item named ‘Take Ownership’ after right clicking on any file, just like shown in figure below.
- After this, go to your system drive (in which you have installed Windows). In my case, it is C:
- Here locate ‘qmgr.dll’ file from windows/system32
- After location ‘qmgr.dll’, right click on it and select ‘Take Ownership’. This will allow you to modify this file.
- Now simply DELETE this ‘qmgr.dll’ file and restart your PC and you are done! Now you will not find any svchost.exe (netsvcs) service running and eating your bandwidth!
- If you still can’t delete the file, you may need to reboot into Safe Mode and try it again.
- If the problem still exists, even after deleting the ‘qmgr.dll’ file, do the same process with wuaueng.dll file present in windows/system32. This will solve the problem.
WARNING : DO NOT TAKE OWNERSHIP of the C: (Windows 7) drive!!